[opensource-dev] This cannot be right...

Monty Brandenberg monty at lindenlab.com
Tue Sep 14 17:24:36 PDT 2010

On Sep 14, 2010, at 19:37, Ponzu wrote:

> i am trying to browse the code, looking for some where that perhaps an
> http socket should be freed or closed, or not allocated, but is not...
>
> I have found this:
>
> indra/newview/lltexturefetch.cpp:	void relese() { --mActiveCount; }
>

> i don't understand it yet, but it doesn't pass the smell test.

I agree with that ('smell test') but I don't think this is a smoking gun
in this case.  relese/release isn't part of the inheritance chain and
isn't called.  'mActiveCount' isn't used in any decisions that I can
find.
This looks like a remnant of an idea that didn't play out as intended
and could now use some clean up.

Running 'lsof' should have give you an opportunity to identify the
type of the extra open files (may need some help from netstat).  Are
they tcp or pipes?  If tcp, what is the destination port?  80?  1204x?