[opensource-dev] User Story: Improved Cache

Domino Marama domino at dominodesigns.info
Fri Sep 17 10:58:48 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 13:08 -0400, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) wrote:
> On 2010-09-17 12:56, Ponzu wrote:
> > But some users want to be able to override this.  I want a certain
> > location to always load fast, even if I rarely visit it.
> >
> > User story:  I want to mark certain locations as "Fast Loading" even
> > if I do not visit them very often.  This should override the automatic
> > behavior of the system.
>
> Even if the cache had such controls, note that if anything changes at
> the location while you're away (and the longer you have between visits,
> the more likely that is), then it won't load from cache anyway.

A prime example for this type of use are the various vehicle racers. I'm
certain they would want to mark all the track sims as fast loading even
if they only race on a particular track once a month. I suspect it's
kinder to people who are practicing when you teleport in as well helping
own performance on first couple of laps..