[opensource-dev] User Story: Improved Cache

Mike Dickson mike.dickson at hp.com
Fri Sep 17 12:01:17 PDT 2010

  On 09/17/2010 01:08 PM, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) wrote:
>    On 2010-09-17 12:56, Ponzu wrote:
>> But some users want to be able to override this.  I want a certain
>> location to always load fast, even if I rarely visit it.
>>
>> User story:  I want to mark certain locations as "Fast Loading" even
>> if I do not visit them very often.  This should override the automatic
>> behavior of the system.
Right, I could just as easily have written a user story as: "I want all
locations to load fast".  IMO a single well implemented cache module
should optimize for the access by a user over time against changing
data.  That's the function of a cache in the first place.  It's possible
that the seperate caches in the client are limiting the usefulness of a
cache at all and a single well implemented cache would do the trick.

Mike