[opensource-dev] User Story: Inventory Sorting

Zha Ewry zha.ewry at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 08:48:38 PDT 2010

As a user I want to be able to sort my inventory with tools which
embody familiar metaphors from Windows,  Mac and Linux file browsers.  I
expect a folder system which exposes attributes in a familiar fashion and
permits sorting of those attributes in a consistent fashion. I expect
folders to be sorted by date as well as their contents. I expect to be able
to leverage my experience as a computer user and find common metaphors such
as  sorting columns  implemented in the inventory sorter. I expect to be
able to create deeply nested folder structures and easily find things based
on most recently added, most recently modified, I expect a consistent
approach to displaying nested material throughout the viewer. I expect to be
able to select which details are exposed in an inventory view, and I expect
column sorting implemented in a familiar fashion.

~ Zha Ewry