[opensource-dev] Openjpeg/KDU the cold hard metrics

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 11:59:50 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Arrehn Oberlander <arrehn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible for you to release your test harness for these comparisons,
> including the texture set?

I can't give out the texture set, hopefully as per a previous
discussion on this topic, we can assemble a good texture set that we
can all share and compare metrics.

the code can be found at
http://bitbucket.org/robincornelius/viewer-development-j2c-metrics

The code although based on 2.X should still work on 1.X (my original
tests were a 1.X build) but i wanted to clean this up a bit before
release and to be honest we are concerned with openjpeg/kdu not the
viewer for these tests, my test code itsself is painfully simple. Load
a texture into an LLImage, run decode time it. repeat and rince.

The code forms a seperate project "j2k_metric" which depends on
llcommon/llimage/llimagej2coj and llvfs (cmake rules included to make
it build out of the box. But to make it run you need to set the
working directory to be the sharedlibs folder (or copy dlls/so's
around) as i've not bothered to stage it yet (patches welcome)

The exe accepts one command line argument and that is the path to a
folder of textures, if no path is given it assumes a default path of
"C:\Textures" to make things a tiny bit easier on windows.

Hope this is enough to get people started

Robin