[opensource-dev] Mesh?

Nyx Linden nyx at lindenlab.com
Mon Sep 27 08:23:01 PDT 2010

We intend on releasing the code when we go to open beta (when we start
publicly shipping mesh-enabled viewers).
The featureset is not done, and will require more work even in open
beta, and contributions from the community will be welcome and encouraged.
Currently, we're trying to get the featureset to a base level of stable
functionality so that it will be useful for non-coders as well as
developers. We're also brushing up our documentation efforts to ensure
we have some basic guides as to how to use the features.

You can view our documentation efforts here:
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh
We'll be announcing the date of the open beta soon on the blogs:
http://blogs.secondlife.com/index.jspa

Stay tuned for updates!
I look forward to working with third party developers on this featureset
during and after the open beta!

  -Nyx