[opensource-dev] 2.0 Absolute Dealbreaker - script count feature request

Obsidian Kindragon Kindragon at comcast.net
Wed Sep 29 06:51:13 PDT 2010

  On 9/29/2010 7:34 AM, Opensource Obscure wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 22:55:57 -0700, Kelly Linden<kelly at lindenlab.com>
> wrote:
>> There are multiple issues at play here:
>> What I understand is that the viewer is flogging our servers to brute force
>> build the data being requested
> And doesn't this violate the TPV policy, 1.a ?
>
> Opensource Obscure

I think because it's not an intentional "attack" on LL's servers they're
willing to let it slide for the time being until a better method on the
server side can be developed.

Personally, I think something better than script "count" should be used
to determine whether you let an avatar wear it. Script "time" (total for
an av is available to Estate Managers), script "memory" (parsed per
attachment is available to individuals), and certain functions (certain
functions may put a larger strain on the region than others) are all
more important to know about than simply how many scripts are in the
attachments, in my opinion.

- Obsidian Stormwind