[opensource-dev] Shadow Controls

Reed Steamroller Reed at ChangingWorldsBuildingDreams.com
Wed Sep 29 18:14:19 PDT 2010

Basically, I got this idea from all of the controls you've got over shadows
in Maya ( a program I'm partial to ).

In particular, I'm thinking the ability to designate which objects both cast
and recieve shadows should be included in the viewer.

As well, it would be nice to specify a color for shadows cast on a per
object basis.

All of this I think could fit in the features tab in the edit window.  A
color swatch for the shadow color and some check boxes for "Cast Shadow" and
"Receive Shadow".

Maybe even a slider for shadow-edge-fuzziness?

What do you all think?

I posted a short JIRA on this subject, if you'ed like to check it out and
vote.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-23238?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=214068

--
William Reed Seal Foss (Reed Steamroller)
Chief Creative Officer

http://www.ChangingWorldsBuildingDreams.com
Reed at ChangingWorldsBuildingDreams.com
http://www.Twitter.com/ReedSteamroller