[opensource-dev] 2.0 Absolute Dealbreaker - script count feature request

Jamey Fletcher jamey at beau.org
Wed Sep 29 18:32:33 PDT 2010

Zi Ree wrote:

>> Do you want an incomplete yet helpful solution doable now, to be
>> improved/completed later on,
>> or do you prefer to wait another 6-12+ month with nothing at all?

> Since improvised and incomplete solutions tend to become the final one after a
> while, and since I have no issues with script memory whatsoever, I rather wait
> for a fully functional, complete implementation than seeing a temporary and
> useless "solution" in place.

I gotta agree here.  Sculpties were a quick hack, and we were supposed
to get support for in-world editing, but they wanted to get it on out
there so people could get started using it - and guess what - 3 years
later, no in-world sculptie editing support yet.  Just a bunch of
hacked-together prim tools.

Windlight was supposed to be this awesome way to be able to share
wonderful and amazing environmental settings, allowing the creation of
regions with alien atmospheres and odd psychological effects.  Oh, well,
let's hope the Lindens decide to adopt the Lightshare system already
implemented by the OpenSIM people.