[opensource-dev] 2.0 Absolute Dealbreaker - script count feature request

Obsidian Kindragon Kindragon at comcast.net
Wed Sep 29 20:28:10 PDT 2010

  The problem with using script count, is that one script can be as
laggy as 10 or even 100 scripts. It may be more likely that 100 scripts
in an object is laggier, but one script could potentially be as laggy or
more so.

I think this would be my user story:

As a user and a region owner / estate manager I would like the ability
throttle residents' scripted attachments and unattached scripted objects
when they are within my region. Currently we only have the ability to
turn off scripts, but throttle scripted objects so as to limit the
amount of "time" a scripted object can act within a given cycle.

One potential issue I see to being allowed to set a script limit to
unattached objects is that some designers may then try to build multiple
objects that communicate together in order to try and work around the
region's set script limits.

- Obsidian Stormwind