[opensource-dev] autobuild & VS 2010 support merged to viewer-development

Opensource Obscure opensourceobscure at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 06:41:23 PDT 2011

I ran both last vs2010 and v-d builds for many hours in the last
days, trying to use as much SL features as possible.

Performances and behaviour were quite satisfying.
I had no issues, except:

- unusual high inventory loading time in BlueSteel Sandbox 1
(see my report to server-beta mailing list) - no problems in
other regions

- texture loading seems to be decently quick, but maybe not
really optimal. I'm not sure about this. Anyway, the weekend may
not be the ideal time  to test this so I'm going to investigate further

A couple of other issues related to shadows / deferred rendering,
which aren't officially supported features - anyway:

- viewer crashed while enabling shadows and global illuminations
(this was an isolate case: both earlier and later, I could enable
and disable those advanced rendering features with no apparent issues)

- sometimes, ground disappears and sea can be seen (even
in no-water regions). Again, I think this only happened with
shadows enabled. A workaround seems to be disabling and
re-enabling shadows.

None of these issues seems to be "new".
--
Opensource Obscure