[opensource-dev] 3.0.0 Beta Candidate available

Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) oz at lindenlab.com
Wed Aug 10 14:48:38 PDT 2011

We have completed our latest build for 3.0.0 (238157) and it's available
for download here:

    https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Downloading_test_builds#Beta_Candidates

We'd love to have you try it out - doing the things you normally do in
Second Life and provide us with feedback.  Once you've had a chance to
try this out, this build will become the next release into our beta
channel.  We have created a meta issue in jira for you to attach any bug
you find https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-26648.  In addition, if
you should discover a mesh issue, VWR bug creation now has a Mesh
component available.   Some important facts about this viewer:

  * Mesh support. This build will allow you to upload and see meshes on
    supported regions of aditi and agni (previous viewers will show
    meshes as prims).
  * Currently regions in the magnum and "Secondlife RC Mesh" channels
    have mesh support.
  * On supported regions where you have build permissions, mesh upload
    can be accessed via the Build->Upload->Model... option. A L$ fee
    will be charged for uploads, with the size of the fee determined by
    the complexity of the model.
  * Your account must be mesh enabled before uploading; the requirements
    for this are that your account has payment info on file, and that
    you have completed a questionnaire related to intellectual property
    issues as they apply to mesh. If you are not yet mesh enabled, the
    model upload dialog will provide a link to the questionnaire.
  * See http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh for more information about
    mesh.

Thank you for your interest in making our viewer experience better.  If
you have any questions, please feel free to either post them in our Mesh
Forums http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/bd-p/Mesh  or join us at
our office hours
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Content_Creation,_Mesh_Import,_Scripting_User_Group.