[opensource-dev] OS X Lion

Yoz Grahame yoz at lindenlab.com
Mon Aug 15 16:13:22 PDT 2011

 Not speaking for the team here (especially because I'm not in viewer development), just myself as a Lion user (Mid-2009 MBP, NVidia):

There are only two major Lion-specific bugs that have bitten my own use so far.

One is Freaky Polygons, which was quickly eased by turning off OpenGL vertex buffer objects (VBOs) in the Graphics->Hardware settings. There's a fix of some kind in the pipeline.
The other is a weird problem with certain web views (such as Profiles) showing up with no CSS or JS; this turned out to be SSL cert related, and there's a fix for this one in the pipeline too.

Apart from those two bugs, the viewer Works On My Machine™. I hope it also answers the overall question: yes, attention is being paid.

-- Yoz