[opensource-dev] New Mesh servers made incompatible with v2 Mesh viewers ???

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 13:07:32 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Henri Beauchamp <sldev at free.fr> wrote:
> Greetings,

> If the answer is yes, please tell me before I loose some more hours
> searching through megabytes of diffs to find out what changed.
>
> A pointer to what should be modified to be able to fetch mesh data
> again would also be nice !

There were two major changes to mesh since the first release on Aditi
of it. One was the original mesh asset was being sent as a sculpt with
a sub type of mesh and then the sculptID was being used as the UUID
for the mesh asset which would then be fetched. The problem here was
non mesh viewers would try to show a sculpt and use the UUID as a
texture and some crashed because of this.

The second change was the names of lod/physics info inside the mesh
asset LLSD was tweaked around, i can't recall the exact change but it
was something trivial like "high_lod" became "highest_lod"

Hope that gets you going in the right direction and saves some dfiffing

Robin