[opensource-dev] New Mesh servers made incompatible with v2 Mesh viewers ???

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Wed Aug 24 13:01:25 PDT 2011

Greetings,

I'm putting the finishing touch to the first alpha release of the
Cool VL Viewer v1.26.1, which is a v1 UI viewer with Mesh rendering
support.

I finally got everything to compile and run fine (basically, I ported
the whole v2.6-mesh renderer, and of course all the mesh code), but it
fails to render meshes: the mesh objects stay as oblong prims, the
mesh repository doesn't fetch any mesh data from the network, and I get
plenty of "createNewParameterEntry: Unknown param type #96" messages in
the log file...

I checked and rechecked my backport against v2.6-mesh and v2.7.4, and
after a few hours, I was sure I didn't miss anything. So, I launched
the last official mesh viewer I donwloaded (v2.7.2), and it happens that
it shows the exact same symptoms !!!

I'm now wondering if the new Mesh servers implementation was not made
incompatible with pre-v3 viewers.

If the answer is yes, please tell me before I loose some more hours
searching through megabytes of diffs to find out what changed.

A pointer to what should be modified to be able to fetch mesh data
again would also be nice !

Thanks in advance,

Henri.