[opensource-dev] Gstreamer issue.. how to debug?

Mike Chase mike.chase at alternatemetaverse.com
Tue Dec 20 08:19:34 PST 2011

So this past weekend Fedora pushed out a bunch of updates which I
installed.  I wish they wouldn't do this but they seem to release stuff
in huge batches.  Anyway since then SLPlugin fails to play audio
streams.  Video seems to be ok.  Is there any doco on how to debug
issues with SLPlugin?  I tried  running the client with a window open.
It *looks* like its starting the stream but nothing.  Running the same
thing with Singularity I get an error about no HTTP source plugin.

If I run

gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=http://96.44.147.34:7078

This works fine.

I'm sort of at a loss and miss my streaming music in SL.  I'm pretty
sure the update broke something but it seems to be localized to SLPlugin
(I can play audio streams fine in other apps).  I just need a hint on
how to narrow down what might be borked.

Thanks!!

Mike