[opensource-dev] streaming media on 64bit?

Marc Adored marc at inworlddesigns.com
Fri Feb 4 20:03:12 PST 2011

I am on 64bit ubuntu and noticed that media on a prim works now even
though I am using a 32bit viewer. I am assuming this is because it is
a SLPlugin and not part of the viewer? I was wondering if the
streaming audio/video that has not worked for 32bit viewers on 64bit
systems could be reworked to work the same way? Is there plans for
this? I think that with the refusal to work on a 64bit viewer this
would be a good compromise because that is the only reason I require a
64bit built viewer.

I just thought I would probe here first before messing with jiras :)