[opensource-dev] Daily Scrum Summary - Thursday, February 24

Anya Kanevsky akanevsky at productengine.com
Thu Feb 24 23:48:40 PST 2011

 Sprint 11, ends 02.28.11 Thursday, February 24 General Notes
------------------------------

   - MMOTD: Oz -> Merov

Team Status
------------------------------
 Merov Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - OPEN-4, OPEN-6 and OPEN-24 : fmod : tested new package on VS2010.
   Works. Took over those 2 other related tasks and hacked together a solution.
   Branched from oz-linden/viewer-autobuild. Need to test and tweak the
   solution.

*FUTURE*

   - OPEN-4, OPEN-6 and OPEN-24: fmod : finish the cmake fixes and provide
   an RB for review
   - STORM-987 : llimage_libtest: Add image stats output

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Oz Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Debugging autobuild integration problems
   - Handed off Merge Monkey to Merov because I'm swamped

*FUTURE*

   - Debugging autobuild integration problems

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Way too many internal meetings - unavoidable

Q Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - process work
   - lots of writing
   - meetings

*FUTURE*

   - process work
   - meetings
   - more writing

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Bao Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - done all the merge from viewer-development and STORM-864 to the memory
   project, and fully test it;
   - extend the memory project to cover the memory allocations in the
   texture pipeline and VBO
   - create tasks for the memory project in teamcity

*FUTURE*

   - write test plans and create a QAR for the memory project
   - work on the merge issues from viewer-development to mesh-development
   - possible some crash hunting

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Wolf Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Busy with other projects

*FUTURE*

   - Storm-1019
   - VWR-23944
   - VWR-23946
   - VWR-24876
   - VWR-24118
   - Storm-323

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Paul ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - BUG STORM- 665 (User is not able to view full name of Group's founder
   in the Group Profile)
      - Fixed and sent for review
   - BUG STORM- 879 (Last name resident shown in first entry in conference
   IM log for users with view display names off when conference initiated by
   user with last name resident)
      - Resolved as cannot reproduce
   - BUG STORM- 952 (No upload from filepath including national characters
   like æ, ø and å)
      - See impediments

*FUTURE*

   - Other tickets by priority

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - STORM- 952
      - There are two problems with this issue:

Crash Not able to upload file which path contains æ, ø and å

I tried to reproduce it and my results (see more details about machines on
which i tried to reproduce this in my comment in jira) are: Windows 7 (32
bit) -- No crash and it is possible to upload the file from filepath
including national characters like æ, ø and å. But these characters are
replaced with ?? WindowsXP (32 bit) -- No crash and it is NOT possible to
upload the file from filepath including national characters like æ, ø and å

In second comment for this ticket Q says that: "Well, we shouldn't crash,
but it may be (I haven't researched this yet) that our server-side systems
don't support unicode in these names. So it might be that the solution is
that we don't let you do that".

So my question is: whether it should be possible to upload such files or
not?
Seth ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - BUG (STORM-731) Crash in LLRemoteParcelInfoProcessor::addObserver
      - Closed as duplicate.
   - BUG (STORM-1015) Unable to select right Login Landmark when it's name
   is not unique
      - Working on the problem with selecting an entry in start location
      combobox when it contains several identical strings in a list.

*FUTURE*

   - BUG (STORM-1015) Unable to select right Login Landmark when it's name
   is not unique
      - Estimated: 4-6 hours.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - BUG (STORM-526) Log out failure during Login causes loss of pending
   offers, including inventory
      - Cannot reproduce without being able to use the specific account of a
      resident who has this issue on log in.
   - BUG (STORM-983) no-transfer textures not searchable via texture picker
      - Some residents are concerned about their texture being transfered
      without permission with a prim it is applied to, others complain
about the
      texture they own being useless without the ability to apply it.
      - Waiting for the product owner decision whether to allow No Copy
      and/or No Transfer textures to be shown in texture picker.

Vadim ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Story STORM-326 (Create and Save your Windlight Skies/Water as a
   persistent, new Default setting):
      - Finally found out why a saved sky preset wasn't applied at startup
      (had been investigating this problem for days due to spaghettiness of the
      code). I can submit my fix, but not sure about it: see IMPEDIMENTS below.

*FUTURE*

   - Prettify my fix of STORM-326 for publishing.
   - Help WolfPup with STORM-236 (Allow the "Speak" button to be removed,
   like other buttons).

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - STORM-326.
      - It turns out that the only way to properly apply a sky preset is to
      stop the day cycle (so-called animator).

So if you want to have a persistent sky preset, say good-bye to sunsets. I
doubt this is what people expect. A more acceptable solution would be adding
a "use estate time for sun/moon positioning" checkbox to each preset. Thus
you would be able to choose whether you want fixed sun or not. How should we
handle this issue?

   -
      - Note that I'm not completely sure that adding the checkbox is
      possible (i.e. Windlight supports that), nor that it won't take too much
      time.

*FUTURE*

   - Continue with STORM-326.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Andrey ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - smoke & integrity tests against Viewer VS2010 build, see IQA-84 for
   more details
   - continued regression testing of the latest v-d build
      - URLs
      - Voice chat
      - SLApps
      - Instant Messaging
      - Preferences - Move and View
      - Login Landmarks
      - Movement controls
      - Preferences - Sound / Device Settings

*FUTURE*

   - continue with regression testing

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Jonathan Yap
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - STORM-1019 (Add ability to display beacons for Media on a Prim objects)
      - Done except for design feedback from Wolf.
   - STORM-1020 (It is sometimes necessary to press ALT+CTRL+D twice to get
   the Debug menu on the login screen)
      - Done.

*FUTURE*

   - STORM - 1019
      - Write test plan.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - STORM - 956
      - File message_template.msg needs to be pushed into viewer code tree
      from server code tree.
      - Should I ask for help from Andrew on this as the Snowstorm people
      have been swamped for a week?

Wolfpup Lowenhar
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - RL work.
   - autobuild : Finaly got it working on my local system with Nicky's help
   in IRC.

*FUTURE*

   - autobuild : testing viewer when build is finished.
   - RL work.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - STORM-236 : waiting for responces from people on west coast.
   - STORM-941 : Waiting on reply from Oz and Leyla
   - Not enough time to actually work on code.

Cummere Mayo
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - jira stuff
   - twiste4d hunt stuff
   - started first run of keyboard and content creation jiras
   - created VWR-24986 out of sheer frustration (which is not on the list i
   passed around yet)

*FUTURE*

   - twisted prep
   - more hunting for keybaord, and content creation jiras

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - chaotic rl, twisted hunt, and roller derby eating too much time
   - cant do some of the things in jira that would make my life easier