[opensource-dev] Daily Scrum Update - Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Anya Kanevsky akanevsky at productengine.com
Wed Jan 5 11:54:54 PST 2011

 Wednesday, January 5, 2011 General Notes
------------------------------

   - Reminder to devs. If a ticket doesn't pass Review and is rejected, it
   will move back to the To Do column in GH, if you do more work or clarify
   questions, it should be moved back through In Progress and then to In
   Review.
   - MMOTD: Oz, because he's automating the hell out of it.

Team Status
------------------------------
 Merov Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - STORM-828 : Texture Saving Does Not Work: Tested quite a bit, can't
   repro reliably but it seems to be independent of KDU. Rather something to do
   with texture loading in general that fail to complete. Could be a deeper
   problem than just saving textures.

*FUTURE*

   - STORM-828 : Texture Saving Does Not Work: Continue to investigate and,
   hopefully, fix.
   - STORM-745 : Produce comprehensive perf baseline: Complete that work.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - None

Oz Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Merge Monkey
   - Review autobuild documentation
   - More wiki updates...

*FUTURE*

   - Merge Monkey
   - Office Hour
   - Reviewing third party lib builds to be moved to bitbucket

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Q Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - storm-34
   - comments on / discussion about a bunch of jiras
   - started on storm-2 discussion but got pulled away
   - meetings

*FUTURE*

   - storm-2 maybe
   - meetings
   - ooo

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - dr appt
   - meetings

Esbee Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Reviewed integration queue
   - Rejected STORM-797 and STORM-410 - does not pass stated acceptance
   criteria.
   - Rejected STORM-28 - It doesn't seem like the implementation has met the
   user story criteria at all. I can share calling cards, but how I do give my
   calling card to a Resident I meet?
   - Rejected STORM-702 - I'd like to see a test plan so I can properly
   review this fix and make sure we've really made it possible to wear a
   partial outfit.
   - Rejected STORM-34. I still don't like that if you enable this feature
   for one user, it's enabled for all users. Q, Oz, and I had a discussion
   afterwards and have come up with an alternate approach. Q will add a
   comment.
   - Approved STORM-493, STORM-513, STORM-466, STORM-737, STORM-485,
   STORM-467, STORM-398, STORM-714, STORM-812, STORM-806, STORM-438
   - Checked on status of Viewer app icons (XD-29). Added clarification for
   application types.
   - Rescheduled Sprint 9 wrap-up and Sprint 10 meetings.

*FUTURE*

   - Meetings
   - Triage
   - Review Snowstorm Team product backlog and bug log
   - Work with Rhett on next steps for Viewer icons
   - PO reviews for open tickets
   - Talk to Q about Andrew's feedback on STORM-753 (Design for Viewer Saved
   Layouts)
   - Going through the list of VWRs assigned to PE (finally)
   - Plan update for system requirements
   - Look at VWR-18435 and VWR-24357 for Jonathan.
   - Provide update to STORM-236 for Wolfpup.
   - Find time on my calendar for 2 weekly 1:1s w/Gez.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - STORM-702 needs to be moved back through to the Review process so we
   can do PO and code reviews.

Paul ProductEngine
------------------------------

   - OOO - vacation

Seth Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - TASK (STORM-797) Parcel SLURL rendering
      - Fixed
   - TASK (STORM-28) As a User, I want the ability to send my calling card
   to others
      - Fixed
   - BUG (STORM-550) LLDir::getNextFileInDir fails for some complex wildcard
   combinations
      - Changes according to feedback from Oz

*FUTURE*

   - STORM-550
   - STORM-447 (User is not able to share multi selected objects using
   drag&drop)

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - None.

Andrew Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Reviewed Sergey's fixes for a couple of issues, built and tested on
   Windows.
   - Major bug STORM-823 (Tab Key not working properly).
      - Fixed and put on review.
   - Normal task STORM-2 (Customizable viewer layouts).
      - Working on found problems. Continued Investigation of bug with
      some progress at last, but problem seems to be not in my fix,
and is located
      quite deep.

*FUTURE*

   - Normal task STORM-2 (Customizable viewer layouts).
      - Estimate for current version of feature - 2 days.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - STORM-2. Waiting for Q's reply to letter about organization of layout
   saving.
   - STORM-2. Waiting for Esbee's answers to comments about layout design in
   STORM-753.

Vadim Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Investigating bug STORM-226 (Viewer 2 Floating Text aligns improperly).
      - Not assigning the ticket to myself because I'm not yet sure I can
      fix it (to not disturb ~200 voters and ~50 watchers).

*FUTURE*

   - Continue with STORM-226.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Need a decision in STORM-702 (Make it possible to wear partial
   outfits).
   - What to do with VWR tickets assigned to ProductEngine Team?

https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=13071
 Andrey Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - tiding my emails up after vacation
   - integrated tickets verification against the latest v-d build
   - test plans design: URLs, Sharing Inventory Items
   - started review of Sidebar TP

*FUTURE*

   - finish with Sidebar TP

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - None.

Jonathan Yap

*PAST*

   - STORM-829 (Viewer 2 does not parse /me in object Instant Messages)

*FUTURE*

   - STORM - 829
   - STORM-830 (Volume slider isn't properly remembered if set to zero)

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Need someone to bring VWR-24357 ( "Less" is not displayed after
   clicking on the "More" button in Nearby Media) into

STORM if they think fixing this is a good idea.