[opensource-dev] Daily Scrum Summary - Thursday, January 6, 2011

Anya Kanevsky akanevsky at productengine.com
Fri Jan 7 10:12:26 PST 2011

 Thursday, January 6, 2011 General Notes
------------------------------

   - Reminder to devs. If a ticket doesn't pass Review and is rejected, it
   will move back to the To Do column in GH, if you do more work or clarify
   questions, it should be moved back through In Progress and then to In
   Review.
   - MMOTD: Oz, because he's automating the hell out of it.

Team Status
------------------------------
 Merov Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - STORM-828 : Texture Saving Does Not Work: More testing and looking into
   it. Problem is intermittent. Suspect server side issue (new cap routing) as
   we see cap errors when things go wrong. Checked with Monty, read docs. More
   instrumentation show that the problem may occur even without cap issues.
   Suspecting caching issues now. It's deep and multi faceted... Discussed and
   assigned to Bao.

*FUTURE*

   - STORM-828 : Texture Saving Does Not Work: Continue to investigate a bit
   with Bao.
   - STORM-745 : Produce comprehensive perf baseline: Complete that work.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - None

Oz Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Merge Monkey
   - Office Hour
   - Reviewing third party lib builds to be moved to bitbucket
   - Helped XMPP Group Chat publish open source for project viewer
   - Reposted line endings fix based on review feedback

*FUTURE*

   - Merge Monkey
   - Investigate Mercurial hooks for doing commit/pull checks
   - Look at VWR issues that have patches attached

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Q Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - storm-34
   - talk with oz about apr stuff
   - meetings
   - ooo

*FUTURE*

   - storm-34
   - storm-2
   - meetings

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - meetings

Esbee Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Meetings, Email
   - PO reviews
   - Prepared and sent out instruction and developer viewer build for
   product council to review
   - Scheduled 1:1s w/Gez
   - Reviewed half of the VWRs assigned to PE
   - Sent feedback to Jonathan on next steps for STORM-615
   - Reviewed STORM-236 and decided on next steps

*FUTURE*

   - Meetings
   - Review Snowstorm Team product backlog and bug log
   - Work with Rhett on next steps for Viewer icons
   - PO reviews for open tickets
   - Talk to Q about Andrew's feedback on STORM-753 (Design for Viewer Saved
   Layouts)
   - Finish going through the list of VWRs assigned to PE (finally)
   - Plan update for system requirements
   - Look at VWR-18435 and VWR-24357 for Jonathan
   - Add instructions for STORM-236 for Wolfpup
   - Write draft for Viewer 2.5 blog post

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - STORM-702 needs to be moved back through to the Review process so we
   can do PO and code reviews.

Paul ProductEngine
------------------------------

   - OOO - vacation

Seth Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - BUG (STORM-447) User is not able to share multi selected objects using
   drag&drop
      - WIP. Investigated. Might require a few days long refactoring. Asked
      Esbee if we should start working at it.
   - BUG (STORM-514) LLSideTray::Params::Params() gets non-exsistant
   artwork.
      - Fixed.

*FUTURE*

   - Pick some issues from bug queue.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - None.

Andrew Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Answered Q's comments in STORM-823 (Tab Key not working properly)

and STORM-34 (As a User, I want a list of my favorite locations available on
the login screen so i can log in to SL right where I want to be).

   - Normal task STORM-2 (Customizable viewer layouts).
      - Excluded some floaters that caused crashes on load from saving to
      layout. Continued fixing the bug with loading undocked sidetray tabs -
      yesterday's idea of fix was in tight direction but can't be
applied directly
      (it would break dock functionality of floater). Hope to finish
it on Monday.

*FUTURE*

   - Normal task STORM-2. Hope to finally finish first pass of feature on
   Monday.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - STORM-2. Waiting for Q's reply to letter about organization of layout
   saving.
   - STORM-2. Waiting for Esbee's answers to comments about layout design in
   STORM-753.
   - STORM-34. No reply from Q to comment about current implementation of
   feature.

Vadim Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Bug STORM-226 (Viewer 2 Floating Text aligns improperly):
      -
Requested an acceptance criteria.
   - Bug STORM-393 (Group SLURL has wrong color in the nearby chat):
      - Fixed.
   - Bug STORM-428 (Name of blocked person is not presented in Block list if
   person was added to list from 'Near me' or 'Friends' tabs of Choose
   resident):
      -
Resolved as not reproducible.
   - Bug STORM-594 (Crash in LLView::handleVisibilityChange):
      - One more attempt to reproduce and find the reason. No luck so far.
   - Changed status of some tickets having both approvals from Reviewing to
   Approved, so that they can be integrated.

*FUTURE*

   - Bug STORM-594 (Crash in LLView::handleVisibilityChange).
   - Bug STORM-243 (Suppress version change message in the viewer).

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Need a decision in STORM-702 (Make it possible to wear partial
   outfits).

Andrey Productengine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - picked up v-d build r218264
   - integrated tickets verification
   - continued regression testing of the build, see spreadsheet
   Sprint9-r217888-218264-Regression for details

*FUTURE*

   - review and approve test plans for Chat, URLs, and Sidebar

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - there is a bunch of integrated tickets that I don't know how to verify
   from black-box perspective: STORM-810, STORM-799, STORM-800, STORM-780

Jonathan Yap
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - VWR-24347 (Reversion in Copy3rdPartyLibs.cmake -- cannot find msvc*
   files using VS 2005 Express)
      - This has been on Review Board for a while. Done.
   - STORM-829 (Viewer 2 does not parse /me in object Instant Messages)
      - Posted to Review Board. Done.
   - STORM-830 (Volume slider isn't properly remembered if set to zero)

*FUTURE*

   - STORM-830 (Volume slider isn't properly remembered if set to zero)

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Need someone to bring VWR-24357 ( "Less" is not displayed after
   clicking on the "More" button in Nearby Media) into

STORM if they think fixing this is a good idea.