[opensource-dev] Pre-processing chat input (was Re: Review Request: STORM-829 Viewer 2 does not parse /me in object Instant Messages

Ponzu lee.ponzu at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 09:34:49 PST 2011

This reminds me a little of unix/sh/bash command line parsing, only much
much simpler.  We have almost nothing to pre-preprocess, though some of the
TPVs do somewhat more.

Could/should there be a llPreProcessChatLine() function.  That way,

You would reduce code duplication like =="/me " == "/me' "
You would have a central place to put improvements.

I always wanted things like

/follow <moving thing>
/goto <object or avatar>
/pointat <object or avatar>

etc etc etc.  (Being an ancient old keyboard kinda guy...)

just thinking...

ponzu