[opensource-dev] Using the codereview site for consults

Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) oz at lindenlab.com
Wed Jan 19 07:13:16 PST 2011

On 2011-01-18 22:22, WolfPup Lowenhar wrote:

> I'll apologize in advanced for length of this email but I need some
> extra eyes on the code for this
>
> Diff to show changes being made(also the reason for the length of email):

This post suggests something to me....

I think it would be easier for everyone if the codereview site was used
for posting this kind of query.  It displays the code in a more readable
way, and with more context.

To be clear - it's perfectly ok, in fact encouraged, to post review
requests for code that is not complete or ready for submission.  Write
up what kind of help you're looking for in the Description field, and
the query will come to this list just like any other post (incidentally,
I'm very happy with how people are responding to these review requests -
thank you all for your help and attention).

(this is not a criticism of what Wolfpup posted - it's a great query -
I'm just clarifying that the codereview site may be used for this too)