[opensource-dev] building on Mac OS X 10.6 is giving me multiple headaches... anyone able to help?

Lance Corrimal Lance.Corrimal at eregion.de
Mon Jan 24 01:29:27 PST 2011

Hi there,

I'm trying to build 2.4.x based on Mac OS X and I'm having several problems
with that...

- I'm pretty sure that I've located every place in the source that defines the
name of the resulting .app and changed them to read "Dolphin Viewer 2.app"
instead of "Second Life.app" and yet, the build process still tries to install
some of the resulting stuff in Second Life.app and some in Dolphin Viewer
2.app, and at that point only Second Life.app exists so the build fails.

-how do i configure the build on mac os to use GCC 4.0 instead of 4.2 If i
want to build using unix makefiles instead of the xcode gui?

- how do i configure the build process to builds against the 10.5 SDK instead
of the 10.6 SDK when using unix makefiles instead of xcode gui?

anyone got hints for me?

bye,
LC