[opensource-dev] building on Mac OS X 10.6 is giving me multiple headaches... anyone able to help?

Arrehn Oberlander arrehn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 09:17:49 PST 2011

Here's some example lines I use for building firestorm on macosx.
You'll want to change the variables,strings,and optimizations to fit
Dolphin. I hope this helps. A key takeaway is to use "xcodebuild" for
command line builds and not make.

./develop.py -t $BTYPE configure -DPACKAGE:BOOL=ON
-DVIEWER_CHANNEL:STRING=Firestorm-$CHANNEL
-DVIEWER_LOGIN_CHANNEL:STRING=Firestorm-$CHANNEL

# LL build wants this directory to exist, but doesn't make it itself.

mkdir -p ./build-darwin-i386/newview/Release/Firestorm.app

xcodebuild -project build-darwin-i386/SecondLife.xcodeproj \

     -alltargets -configuration $BTYPE GCC_VERSION=4.2 \

     -sdk macosx10.5 GCC_OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL=3 ARCHS=i386 \

    GCC_ENABLE_SSE3_EXTENSIONS=YES