[opensource-dev] Review viewer -- draw distance slider

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Mon Jun 13 05:44:56 PDT 2011

I think that no matter what you draw, the icon
will not be clear to the majority of people.

The icon only needs to be recognizable to those
who saw it before. They will have to learn
it's meaning from the tool tip imho.

Nevertheless, binoculars are usually used for
either zoom or search, so I think another icon
would be better.

Thinking about an avatar with a (half) sphere
around it, I'd use as icon a circle with a dot
in it, or a half circle with a vertical line
in the center, ie:
       _ - _
     .       .

--