[opensource-dev] Review viewer -- draw distance slider

Lance Corrimal Lance.Corrimal at eregion.de
Mon Jun 13 12:46:36 PDT 2011

I think small binoculars for short range and large ones for long range
makes the most sense. but since this has been discussed to death, how
about this, taken from my digital camera...

the glyph for "really short draw distance" is a simplified flower
(think "closeup" on the presets menu on your casio camera), and the
glyph for "really loooooong draw distance" is a simplified mountain
range (think of the "landscape" setting on the same camera)

and besides that, i think the slider should have a field that shows
the actual value of the draw distance, and it should change the range
based on powers of two: 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024

that being said, whats with the symbols anyways. just put in a text
field with the actual value, and a hovertip that says "this slider
changes the draw distance. too high values will slow you down to a
crawl." way less clutter. look at dolphin viewer 2, restrained life,
and the starlight skins for reference.

bye,
LC