[opensource-dev] Release 2.5.2 candidate is available

Trilo Byte trilobyte550m at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 20:40:01 PST 2011

One request - at least for the Mac client (not sure if the other platform builds are set up this way).  Please give pre-release builds an appropriate name (ie Project, Development, Developer, etc).  If I were to follow the instructions and drag the application into my applications folder, it would overwrite the official release version.  Since the Installer dmg file is read-only, the workaround is to drag the file to another location and then rename before pulling it into applications.

STORM-1014 Viewer crash in LLSurface::getWaterHeight
No problems, but I imagine you'd need godmode powers to be able to test.
STORM-1026 Viewer crahes while trying to reset Graphics quality
Can't test, the viewer still doesn't support the GPU in my Mac (I don't believe SL recognizes any GPU released for Mac since last October).
STORM-1046 Crash in LWorld::removeRegion
No idea how to test
STORM-1047 Crash at LLViewerObjectList::renderObjectsForMap(LLNetMap &) [secondlife-bin llviewerobjectlist.cpp]
No trouble using map.  Pan/zoom enable/disable features and items works as expected.
STORM-1049 Crash at LLViewerFetchedTexture::forceToSaveRawImage(int,bool) [secondlife-bin llviewertexture.cpp]
No idea how to test
STORM-1052 Crash at LLVOCacheEntry::~LLVOCacheEntry() line 138
No idea how to test
STORM-1053 Crash at LLTextureCache::writeToCache line
No idea how to test

Overall, very stable/no crashes.

TriloByte Zanzibar