[opensource-dev] Release 2.5.2 candidate is available

Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) oz at lindenlab.com
Sun Mar 13 07:25:28 PDT 2011

On 2011-03-12 23:40, Trilo Byte wrote:
> One request - at least for the Mac client (not sure if the other
> platform builds are set up this way).  Please give pre-release builds
> an appropriate name (ie Project, Development, Developer, etc).  If I
> were to follow the instructions and drag the application into my
> applications folder, it would overwrite the official release version.
>  Since the Installer dmg file is read-only, the workaround is to drag
> the file to another location and then rename before pulling it into
> applications.

I'm not sure that will be possible, actually, since the intent is that
the pre-release build is exactly the release build, just available a few
days early.   However, it does serve as a reminder that I really should
have mentioned that it would overwrite your released viewer when
installed.  My apologies for the oversight; I'll make a point to
emphasize that on future notices.

> Overall, very stable/no crashes.

Thank you very much for the test report.