[opensource-dev] STORM-1016: a call for comments

Opensource Obscure opensourceobscure at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 08:24:01 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:06, Anya Kanevsky
<akanevsky at productengine.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to make a decision on the most logical behavior for ctrl-shift-w
> shortcut in STORM-1016.  Currently we have some weird exceptions, most
> unexpected being that we have some floaters that only close on ctrl-shift-w
> if there's another, "closeable" floater present.   My proposal is in the
> last comment to the jira.
> If you have an opinion on the matter and some usage scenarios to back it up,
> please let me know.  I don't promise to make everyone happy, but I'm trying
> to see if there are use cases I'm missing.

I'd love if ctrl-shift-w acted like a "toggle" - that is, press it once
to make the floaters disappear; press it again to make them
reappar (hopefully in the same place).

I think this behaviour would be easy to understand for a number
of users, because it mimics the "Show Desktop" feature offered
by both Windows and Linux environments.

Should this be filed as a separate request?

Opensource Obscure