[opensource-dev] Build of the viewer with Xcode on Leopard

Stone Linden stone at lindenlab.com
Sat Nov 12 09:40:27 PST 2011

You can build with Xcode 3.2 on Lion right now. If you have Xcode 4.2 on
Lion, you'll need this patch to the Viewer's indra/cmake/Variables.cmake
config:

https://codereview.secondlife.com/r/502/

It compiles and runs for me, but all UI textures are marked missing with
messages like this:

2011-11-12T17:38:28Z WARNING: LLViewerTexture::setIsMissingAsset:
file:///Users/aaron/Code/Linden/viewer-development/indra/newview/skins/default/textures/icons/Progress_2.png:
Marking image as missing
2011-11-12T17:38:28Z WARNING: LLViewerTextureList::getImageFromFile: Failed
to find local image file: inv_folder_mesh.tga

I think once that texture issue is worked out, that patch above could be
proposed for mainline. (It behaves identically as the current cmake config
when running on Leopard/Snow Leopard with Xcode 3.2.)

Stone