[opensource-dev] VBO on OS X: Anyone looking at this?

Tonya Souther tonya.souther at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 14:28:40 PDT 2011

I just managed to really, really piss myself off badly.

I was running Firestorm on my nice fast system: dual-quad Mac Pro
(first generation), 12 GB RAM, ATI 5770 graphics. I got 14.7 FPS in a
1408x939 window. Then I logged out, fired up my shiny new Windows
7/Parallels Desktop 6 virtual machine, and logged in on Firestorm
there. I got 28 FPS in a 1595x848 window rendering the exact same
scene.

The graphics settings are identical, except that the Windows
executable is using VBO and the Mac isn't.

I know VBOs are broken on OS X. What's it going to take to fix them?
This is just plain criminal.