[opensource-dev] C++ help

Nicky Perian nickyperian at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 10:12:46 PDT 2012

      In llfloaterabout.cpp(256)
        info["HOSTNAME"] = gAgent.getRegion()->getHost().getHostName();
        Produces the simualtor names Second Life and OpenSim
        On merge of v-d 3.3.2 to kokua I found an avatar rendering issue isolated to new instructions in
        pipeline.cpp.

        I am trying to get the region, actually simulator name, into pipeline.cpp at the point of new instructions
        so that I can if around the new instructions and use old for opensim.
        The system compiles this but crashes hard to desktop after login.
                llinfos << "Region name:" << gAgent.getRegion()->getHost().getString() << llendl;
Really, I would like to have a global variable for the simulator name and then just use it in any program.
I suspect that there is a class constructor missing or null pointer at the point I am trying to use
getHost() causing the crash there and not in llfloaterabout since it is called from an explicit event much
later after the viewer is fully engaged to the server.

Tips please.