[opensource-dev] Adding a library

Cinder Roxley cinder at cinderblocks.biz
Sat Apr 14 19:39:38 PDT 2012

Hello!

I've been working on a patch for VWR-2125 "Include EXIF data in snapshot
downloads" and it's just about working. However, I've done this without
properly adding the library to use (I used libexif 0.6.20 found in
cygwin, and just included it that way.) I'm not that familiar with cmake
and I'm not even sure including the entire library would be best since
the viewer doesn't really need to decode exif tags, just write them. I
was also not sure whether or not there's already a library included with
the viewer to write exif tags. This just seemed to be easiest.

So I guess I'm just looking for feedback on how to best include the
library or rewrite functionality into the viewer itself. Apologies if
this e-mail seems a bit scattered. It's the weekend and I've had a few
drinks.

--
Kind regards,
-Cinder