[opensource-dev] webkit for linux builds too old?

Henri Beauchamp sldev at free.fr
Sat Feb 18 01:49:37 PST 2012

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 09:30:24 +0100, Lance Corrimal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I get "webkit too old" log file entries on linux a lot...
>
> Is there a special reason why the linux builds use webkit 4.6 while mac and
> windows use 4.7.1?

Probably because LL didn't figure out the changes to how the new
qtwebkit must be packaged and linked now (with jscore that has
to be added)...

You could use the version I compiled for the Cool VL Viewer:
http://sldev.free.fr/libraries/llqtwebkit-linux-qt4.7.1-20110813.tar.bz2
with MD5 hash: 1baafd063d69cc7ae4a54de43debb790

You will also need to change indra/cmake/WebKitLibPlugin.cmake to
remove qgif, qjpeg and jpeg from WEBKIT_PLUGIN_LIBRARIES and to add
jscore to it. It would then read:

.../...
elseif (LINUX)
    set(WEBKIT_PLUGIN_LIBRARIES ${LLQTWEBKIT_LIBRARY} ${QT_LIBRARIES} ${QT_PLUGIN_LIBRARIES})
    set(WEBKIT_PLUGIN_LIBRARIES
        llqtwebkit
#        qico
#        qpng