[opensource-dev] webkit for linux builds too old?

Sythos sythos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 08:41:30 PST 2012

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 10:49:37 +0100
Henri Beauchamp <sldev at free.fr> wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 09:30:24 +0100, Lance Corrimal wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I get "webkit too old" log file entries on linux a lot...
> >
> > Is there a special reason why the linux builds use webkit 4.6 while
> > mac and windows use 4.7.1?
>
> Probably because LL didn't figure out the changes to how the new
> qtwebkit must be packaged and linked now (with jscore that has
> to be added)...

i got another kind of problems, autobuild wrongly detect flags from
host OS, i've added by hand ni makefile "--no-avx --no-sse4.1
--no-sse4.2" and forced the cpu/arch, for a reason not clear (to me)
autobuild create binaries with SSE4 and AVX registry optimization
(probed CPU but not arch/OS)

compiling on linux as is from hg don't produce a usable package on my
system