[opensource-dev] Viewer Policy Changes
tillie at xp2.de
Sat Feb 25 04:08:28 PST 2012
> 2.k You must not provide any feature that alters the shared experience of the virtual world in
> any way not provided by or accessible to users of the latest released Linden Lab viewer.
- What about text based viewers?
- What about viewers on mobile devices?
- What about special viewers for disabled people, that may have quite some different representation of everything?
Or someone's just trying to connect a C64 virtual machine based viewer to SL, with its own, quite unique representation. What about that?
The "shared experience" of all those is quite different from the LL viewer.
- What about the shared experience of very old LL viewers? Not allowed to copy/clone if its not in the "latest released Linden Lab viewer"?
- What about LL viewers in DEV or BETA status? Have TPV devs to wait till a feature is officially out?
Is there any grace period till the new policy is enforced? What about grace periods on client changes later, LL client removes something,
do TPV devs have to remove it instantly, too (dont say now there is nothing being removed, I remember Avatar Ratings, for example).
More information about the opensource-dev