[opensource-dev] Changing the name

Kaluura Boa kaluura at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 09:29:26 PST 2012

Hello List,

Simple question: What is the best way to change the name of the viewer once
you have cloned the mercurial repository?

A lot of variations of the name "SecondLife" in various cases are all over
the build tree. Some occurences can be replaced with more or less care,
some must not.

Assuming I want my viewer to say "FooBar" in the About floater, to have
a "do-no-run-directly-foobar-bin" executable, to work in ~/.foobar, etc,
how do I do that without too many problems?

I do not intend to distribute anything in any foreseeable future, I just
have some itches to scratch in the UI --which I find very uncooperative
with my skinning expectations sometimes.

Thanks,