[opensource-dev] Questions on Mesh Avatars

Robert Martin robertltux at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 09:40:43 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Stickman <stickman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> You know, I don't even know what mailing list this should go to. I
> don't think there is a "general creators mailing list" for SL. Just
> scripting.

the lack of a decent list for this is why i punted to the developers
general list (since this has the best chances of being seen by
somebody that can use their head for more than a hatrack)

> Yeah, that's how wikis tend to go, unless they have a champion.
> Technical wikis tend to work better because you get a lot of people
> who can't stand incomplete or incorrect information.

.. Yah folks don't like doing docs so folks have to do things like ask
in a mailing list

> I'd recommend keeping it below 6000 tris. If you need more, you'd
> better be making something awesome and for specific rather than
> general use.
Cool beans somebody that can give a number (i take it that this would
be on a per mesh thing??)

--
Robert L Martin