[opensource-dev] Review Request: STORM-1793 1) Treat all mini-map altitudes above 1020 m as the same height 2) Improve z-level accuracy

Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) oz at lindenlab.com
Fri Jan 27 12:24:26 PST 2012

On 2012-01-27 13:45 , Zi Ree wrote:
> Am Freitag, 27. Januar 2012, 14:40:01 schrieb Jonathan Yap:
>
>> The SL simulator has recently been fixed so that the CoarseLocationUpdate
>> message properly returns 255 for all altitudes above 1020 meters.
> "Properly" is a very ... unusual term for this kind of behavior. It still
> returns a wrong value, just a slightly more wrong one than before.

'wrong' is not really a relative term...

The new value (255) is at least in the same direction for anyone under
the maximum coarse location altitude, which removes some silly edge
cases in which the reported altitude is rises until is suddenly becomes
zero.

In any event... this is the change that we've decided to make, and
Jonathan appears to have done a good job of making the best of an
admittedly awkward situation.  Short of a major change to the coarse
location messages (which would be completely incompatible with older
viewers), I think this is the best that can be done.