[opensource-dev] Review Request: STORM-1793 1) Treat all mini-map altitudes above 1020 m as the same height 2) Improve z-level accuracy

Ricky kf6kjg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 15:18:28 PST 2012

A couple of questions Oz:

   1. Would the client have a problem if another word was added to the
   message giving - duplicating the data, but allowing newer clients to choose
   to use the new word while older clients use the old byte?
   2. Would the client have any problems if the CoarseLocationUpdate
   message was never sent?  If not then that message could be deprecated, with
   a removal date set for some time in the future, while a new message that
   could handle much higher detail information was put in place and all newer
   clients were switched to it?

I ask because this limitation of the message really puts a pinch in
https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-27577.

Ricky
Cron Stardust