[opensource-dev] pathfinding is now in viewer-development

Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) oz at lindenlab.com
Thu Jul 26 07:13:05 PDT 2012

The pathfinding branch has been merged to viewer-development.

With this change, the old llconvexdecomposition library has been folded
into the llphysicsextensions library, which is unfortunately for the
time being closed source.  Actually, I believe that the convex
decomposition stuff didn't change, but other things were added that at
present we can't publish, and it was all too entangled.

In any event, there is now a stub package for llphysicsextensions - I
believe that this builds cleanly, leaving just a few features inoperative.

One late change that I added was three new interfaces in the
llphysicsextensions API to explicitly detect whether or not you have
linked with the stub (all are static):

    bool LLConvexDecomposition::isFunctional()
    bool LLPathingLib::isFunctional()
    bool LLPhysicsExtensions::isFunctional()

I have not added calls to these anywhere yet, but the intent is that
they are easy ways to do things like disable UI elements that won't work
with the stub.  Suggestions for places to use them are most welcome.