[opensource-dev] Talk/shout circles on minimap, lost in the cracks?

Ricky kf6kjg at gmail.com
Wed May 9 06:11:31 PDT 2012

Correct, but most often a thick horizontal plane centered on your avatar's
altitude is considered the most critical area.  This volume is supposed to
be indicated by the dots being round instead of triangular, thus giving the
vertical filtering while the circles give the horizontal.  I admit that
just changing the shape of the dots is most likely not enough - if they
changed brightness, and maybe hue or alpha, as well it would be clearer
who's in the same thick plane.

I say "supposed to be indicated by" because of the now well-known issues
with resolving coarse altitude differences above about 1km...

Ricky
Cron Stardust