[opensource-dev] ThrottleBandwidthKBPS - kilobit per second or kiloBYTE per second?

Kadah kadah.coba at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 12:21:31 PDT 2013

On 8/1/2013 12:23 AM, Lance Corrimal wrote:
> - does it still have to be a transparent squid, now that the viewer actually
> has proxy settings?
Sorry, I didn't mean transparent. I have a transparent one at work on
one network for other reasons. Setting the web proxy in viewer is all
that's needed.

> - do you still have those scripts? If so please post them somewhere.
http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/squid_proxy_cache
It looks like the store_url_rewrite script on there is the updated one
for the new CAP URL format.
There is some discussion on this happening in: FIRE-9430
http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-9430

> and food for thought:
> what is the *normal* User supposed to do? you know, the kind that hears
> "squid" and thinks "seafood"....
Wait for LL to finish improving the http viewer-server communication.
It's already a lot better than it was last year.