[opensource-dev] Leap Motion integration

Elenia jicall2002 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 4 02:52:06 PDT 2013

Hello all

Since the Simon Linden's works https://bitbucket.org/simon_linden/viewer-rabbit (last commit in March) no news.

So I took the llleapmotioncontroller.cpp and I have integrated it at the last version of Snowstorm (3-6-2-28466), and I have made a package that I distribue to my friends for tests.

I had 2 issues:
1) I have disabled the LeapmotionTestMode 1 (chat command) because the old class LLNearbyChatBar has been removed. Replaced by LLFloaterIMNearbyChat I think. I will see more later. Uneseful actually.

2) I had difficults to integrated the Leap.dll in the package. I have tried to append in the viewer_manifest.py at the line 166
# Files in the newview/ directory
            self.path("gpu_table.txt")
            self.path("Leap.dll") #the Leap.dll is a the root of newview

Doesn't work: I got a line in the VS output console Leap.dll => 0 file

Finally I had appended a line
self.file_list.append(["../../doc/Leap.dll", self.dst_path_of("Leap.dll")])
And put the Leap.dll in the  doc directory!
It's not clean. Please what is the good way?

I have enhanced the fly controls with the Leap Motion:

1) Append 2 debugs settings : LeapmotionFlySlowRadius and LeapmotionFlyFastRadius, to adjust the detection (hand more or less tense) at the morphology hand of each people.

2) Disabled stop flying when not detected hand. Before, fall guarantee. Now, close the fist stop flying.

3) Reduce timer to turn (rotate hand) to 75 ms at 30. Very most easy to turn.

Now I wish know if people are interested to test this experimental wiewer or work on the code, perhaps open a jira or a repository.

Thank you read me