[opensource-dev] Mac build instructions completely broken

Cinder Roxley cinder at alchemyviewer.org
Fri Apr 10 20:36:07 PDT 2015

On April 10, 2015 at 5:45:46 PM, Chris Nelson (cnelson1844 at gmail.com) wrote:
Has anyone in the dev community attempted to build the sl viewer from scratch using the instructions from  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Compiling_the_viewer_(Mac_OS_X)?
I have been going through the process over the last few days and it seems pretty much completely broken.
I have managed to overcome most of the hurdles up until now, but I seem to have hit a show stopper with the ogg_vorbis package download problem I posted earlier.

I build the viewer on a regular basis on OS X. The problem you describe is likely because you are using Autobuild 1.0 but building the viewer-release viewer. Autobuild 1.0 is not compatible with viewer-release as Autobuild 1.0 has a stricter package versioning scheme. Hence, your failure.

Your options are these:

1) Remove the version of autobuild you have and download the older autobuild version 0.9 from https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/autobuild using setup.py to install it and build the viewer.

2) Build the viewer-tools-update viewer which is configured to use the newer version of autobuild. That can be found here: https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer-tools-update

Best of luck.