[opensource-dev] Fwd: Mac build instructions completely broken

Cinder Roxley cinder at alchemyviewer.org
Sat Apr 11 19:20:42 PDT 2015

On April 11, 2015 at 6:36:14 PM, Chris Nelson (cnelson1844 at gmail.com) wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Nelson <cnelson1844 at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 9:16 AM
Subject: Re: [opensource-dev] Mac build instructions completely broken
To: Cinder Roxley <cinder at alchemyviewer.org>

Thanks Cinder,

That did the trick!
Looks like I am now stuck with not having the OS X 10.8 sdk - (I only have 10.9) and gcc 4.2(?)
Getting the message:
error: There is no SDK with the name or path '/Users/cnelson/Documents/GitRepositories/SecondLifeViewer/indra/macosx10.8'

I am using xcode 6.1.1. Thought I read that sl viewer would compile with this version.

Cheers,

Chris
If you’re building viewer-release, you’re in trouble building current viewer-release, you still need llvm-gcc 4.2 which isn’t included in Xcode 5 or 6. Apple went to great lengths to make it hard to replace, and although it is possible to readd it (see my Xcode compiler plugin collection at https://bitbucket.org/cinderblocks/xcode-compiler-plugins/wiki/Home) It’s a lot more effort than just installing Xcode 4.6.3 and using that instead for viewer-release.

If you want to use Xcode 6, you need to build out of the viewer-tools-update repository, (and from what I’ve heard, that will be promoted to the canonical viewer-release soon.) Xcode 5 still contains 10.8 SDK iirc, but I just checked and viewer-tools-update targets 10.9 now. So for modern tooling, you’re better off just building from https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer-tools-update with the newer autobuild.

--
Cinder Roxley
Sent with Airmail