[opensource-dev] Viewer Tools Upgrades - with a call for help

Nicky Perian nickyperian at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 08:15:48 PST 2015

Command line building:1. Add to path:--> C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\Bin  note: case matters.2. In cygwin64 terminal  cd into viewer-tools-update
3. execute -->  msbuild build-vc120/secondlife.sln /t:Build /p:<buildtype> 4. With buildtype being Release or RelWithDebInfo
This should work with autobuild build -c RelWithDebInfoOSBut, alas new autobuild is path challenged.  In work:1. make it work with autobuild2. ...

     On Friday, January 30, 2015 3:26 AM, Henri Beauchamp <sldev at free.fr> wrote:

 On Thu, 29 Jan 2015 14:06:17 -0800, Callum Prentice (Callum) wrote:

> Yep - we need to add the right set of parameters to 'autobuild' to set
> up FMod, Havok QuickTime etc.
>
> Can anyone tell me what they are or point me at the right doc before I
> start searching.

I can't help you about the autobuild system itself, because I only build
the Cool VL Viewer (v1 UI viewer with v2/3 code I backported to it), and
it doesn't use autobuild at all...

When building it, I first run a winprebuild.bat batch script that I wrote
and that simply takes care of copying the FMOD Ex files in the viewer
sources tree lib/ and include/ (and newview/, for the dll itself)
directories. Here is the relevant part of the batch script:

rem Copy of the fmod headers and libs:
set FMOD_DIR="C:\Program Files\FMOD SoundSystem\FMOD Programmers API Windows"
xcopy /y %FMOD_DIR%\api\inc\* ..\include\
copy /y %FMOD_DIR%\api\lib\fmodex_vc.lib ..\lib\release\
copy /y %FMOD_DIR%\api\lib\fmodexL_vc.lib ..\lib\debug\
copy /y %FMOD_DIR%\api\fmodex.dll newview\

The FMOD Ex package for Windows can be found here:
http://www.fmod.org/download/fmodex/api/Win/fmodapiNNNNNwin-installer.exe
where NNNNN is the version number (44450 as I'm writing this) and the
download page with up to date links to the files is:
http://www.fmod.org/download-previous-products/ (notice the "previous"...
It means that FMOD Ex is going to be phased out... Any plan from LL to
replace it in future viewers ?).

For Quictime, VS2010 (I didn't yet try with VS2013) and cmake do find
the SDK by themselves (so there's no need to copy the libraries and
include files like needed with FMOD Ex).

I don't have a ready-made URL for the Quicktime SDK (the TPV builder
will have to register an Apple's devel account, log in and dig into
their site to find the old Quicktime v7.3 SDK... It'd be about time
LL would find a way to get media working under Windows without having
to use that (long) deprecated Quicktime SDK...).

As for Havok, not all TPVs can use it (obviously, genuine (L)GPL TPVs
can't)... I'm using HACD to replace the Havok library for mesh
decompositions, and I simply don't have the pathfinding "capsule and
path" rendering tool implemented.

Regards,

Henri.