[opensource-dev] 64 bit viewers build instructions

Nat Goodspeed nat at lindenlab.com
Sat Dec 3 16:35:24 PST 2016

On Dec 3, 2016 7:18 PM, "Nicky Perian" <nickyperian at gmail.com> wrote:

With:
(autobuild-1.1) C:\Users\Bill\P64\viewer64>autobuild --address-size=64
configure  -c ReleaseOS -- -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE:BOOL=FALSE
-DLL_TESTS:BOOL=OFF -DPACKAGE:BOOL=FALSE  -DOPENAL:BOOL=FALSE
-DFMODEX:BOOL=ON    2>&1  | c:\cygwin64\bin\tee configRel.log

I get many:

No windows64 configuration found; inheriting windows

But, build-vc120-64/packages has 64 bit libraries and the viewer builds 64
bit and it runs.

Yes: we've been discussing those messages internally. The viewer's CMake
logic runs autobuild install for each applicable package, and I think the
messages you're seeing are simply from autobuild waking up each time and
reading autobuild.xml. In other words, I believe the message is about the
package_description rather than any of the installables.

We really want to avoid duplicating all of the windows section of
autobuild.xml for windows64, which is why we added $parameter support in
autobuild 1.1. So we don't plan to add a windows64 section to
package_description.

vlc plugin had may unresolved externals so, commented it out in
media-plugins CMakeLists.txt in order to complete the build.

This was with viewer64-callum changes merged in.

I'm pretty sure Callum disabled VLC too, though perhaps that's only local
so far.

We're really at about the same point! Please bear with us. :-)