[opensource-dev] 64 bit viewers build instructions

Callum Prentice (Callum) callum at lindenlab.com
Sat Dec 3 17:07:48 PST 2016

Yep - we;re all following along similar tracks by the sound of it Nicky  :)

With my latest changes, if I unload the VLC plugin (as you say, that needs
a little work) the build completes - only issue is that some script is
trying to copy fmodex.dll to the right place and not (the correct)
fmodex64.dll (I fixed the third party package).

If I move that DLL manually, the viewer starts and seems to run, as first
glance anyway, pretty normally.

I'll attack the fmodex and vlc issues on Monday.

On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 4:35 PM, Nat Goodspeed <nat at lindenlab.com> wrote:

> On Dec 3, 2016 7:18 PM, "Nicky Perian" <nickyperian at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> With:
> (autobuild-1.1) C:\Users\Bill\P64\viewer64>autobuild --address-size=64
> configure  -c ReleaseOS -- -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE:BOOL=FALSE
> -DLL_TESTS:BOOL=OFF -DPACKAGE:BOOL=FALSE  -DOPENAL:BOOL=FALSE
> -DFMODEX:BOOL=ON    2>&1  | c:\cygwin64\bin\tee configRel.log
>
> I get many:
>
> No windows64 configuration found; inheriting windows
>
> But, build-vc120-64/packages has 64 bit libraries and the viewer builds 64
> bit and it runs.
>

> Yes: we've been discussing those messages internally. The viewer's CMake
> logic runs autobuild install for each applicable package, and I think the
> messages you're seeing are simply from autobuild waking up each time and
> reading autobuild.xml. In other words, I believe the message is about the
> package_description rather than any of the installables.
>
> We really want to avoid duplicating all of the windows section of
> autobuild.xml for windows64, which is why we added $parameter support in
> autobuild 1.1. So we don't plan to add a windows64 section to
> package_description.
>
> vlc plugin had may unresolved externals so, commented it out in
> media-plugins CMakeLists.txt in order to complete the build.
>
> This was with viewer64-callum changes merged in.
>

> I'm pretty sure Callum disabled VLC too, though perhaps that's only local
> so far.
>
> We're really at about the same point! Please bear with us. :-)

CALLUM PRENTICE | Software Engineer

LINDEN LAB | Create Virtual Experiences <http://www.lindenlab.com/>