[opensource-dev] Linux

Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) oz at lindenlab.com
Mon Jan 30 08:23:23 PST 2017

On 2017-01-29 20:39 , Nicky Perian wrote:
> Questions:
>
> Will LL use a build system that can be updated as opposed to the
> current out of date system? Hopefully, the build system will be a
> standard off the shelf that everyone can install and without any mix
> and match specials.
For the time being, we expect that it will be based on the current
system, modified to use system libraries rather than autobuild packages
that build a static executable (some packages will be used in our builds
for proprietary components).  I'm not sure that answers your question...

> Will there be LL developed QA procedures for the linux builds?
We'll use the same QA we've always used for Linux (not as much as we do
for other platforms)

> Granted, *.deb is a much used package manager for debian and derived
> distros. Will any other distro package managers be developed? I assume
> the answer is no so, will OS developer submissions of other package
> manager formats be accepted?
Let's worry about getting one to work... if we're wildly successful with
that and there's a good reason to do something else, we'll discuss it.

--
OZ LINDEN | Engineering Director, Second Life
email or hangouts: oz at lindenlab.com <mailto:oz at lindenlab.com> | Real